Thursday, February 21, 2008

Surprise,Surprise!

Ok I admit that I have been harping on this surprise in a service theme in the last few posts, but I had to write this one since I just realized a great example. Woot! No, literally, I mean Woot!

Surprise plays such a big factor in the success of woot.com that it literally drives the user community. Of course, there's some awesome economics involved also, but just the surprise factor makes it a sticky website. Linking back to my previous post just what kind of surprise theme does it follow? "Anticipation", if you ask me. With a strange mix of suspense ;).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(…Hello, my name is Udi and I’m a Woot addict…)
I had ‘Woot’ sent to me by a friend and ever since I cannot go through the day without having my sneak-pick at what’s on there today! Such a simple idea – Sell one item each day! What so great about this tool is that it can be used to even measure the crowed buying tendencies by observing what and how much they buy and even more…